Monday, November 12, 2007

Day 19 - Maggots!!!

(posted by Stinkographer 2)

Oh, what a beautiful sight! The meat is smelling more than ever now, though we had been mystified until tonight as to why this is so.

On first glance, things didn't seem to change very much from two days ago. As I examined the meat more closely, however, I began to notice some subtle differences. First on this list is the chicken's continued loss of verticality--parts of it appear to be deflating! Color change is also becoming apparent. The chicken, especially, is losing its yellowish hue and is becoming darker in color. Compare these observations with the similar photo on day 16 and you'll see what I mean.

In general, things are looking increasingly digested. The bacon is missing chunks, the giblets are now a solid mass, and the part of the pork chop once covered by the giblet sack is just... gross.

And then I saw them.

Peering around the edges of the ground beef, something white and squirming caught my eye. Overjoyed by the sight, I quickly snapped a picture and rushed back to show Stinkographer 1.

Do you see what I see?? I even zoomed in on one so there's no mistaking it. That, my friends, is a maggot!! No doubt about it. At long last, our patience has paid off! With no ants around to keep the flies away, the maggots must have finally gained a fighting chance!

Everything looks so...barren. Hard to believe that there's an entire class of living things that thrives on this kind of decaying mass. It looks disgusting and, well, dead, but it's so full of new life and new opportunity. There's a lesson in this somewhere, but I'll leave that to the Philosophy majors...

Continue to Day 20

2 comments:

Melly Mel said...

YEE-HAW!! Maggots...at last!

Viva la stinkymeat! Viva la Maggots!

Sy said...

MAGGOTS! WOO HOO! *does the happy maggot dance*

 
Unique visitors: